Greenfield Urban Development Areas (UDAs) Development Schemes
PSA Consulting has been engaged by ENERGEX to provide assistance with input into the four Greenfield Urban Development Areas (UDA’s) of Greater Flagstone, Yarrabilba, Ripley Valley and Caloundra South. Under the Urban Land Development Authority Act 2007, a development scheme is required to be prepared for each UDA. It will be important for ENERGEX that the new development schemes achieve the following:
- Cater for new major electricity infrastructure
- Continue to provide exemptions to ENERGEX currently under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 for installations less than 66kV
- Clarify the role ENERGEX will play in the new development schemes
- Cater for high voltage powerlines with easements and suitable buffers through the developments
- Cater for new zone substations within the developments
The engagement of PSA Consulting will ensure ENERGEX has professional advice on how best to ensure that the satisfactory provision of electricity infrastructure is made through each of the Greenfield Urban Development Areas within the development schemes.